Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Eugene Prokopiev <en...@itx.ru> on 2012/11/23 11:00:45 UTC

DirectoryService.getSession thread safe

Hi,

Is it possible to use DirectoryService.getSession (or getAdminSession) from
different threads inside tha same JVM with embedded ApacheDS or I need to
use network connection?

Eugene Prokopiev

Re: DirectoryService.getSession thread safe

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 11/23/12 11:00 AM, Eugene Prokopiev a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to use DirectoryService.getSession (or getAdminSession) from
> different threads inside tha same JVM with embedded ApacheDS or I need to
> use network connection?

It's thread safe. Every operation started with getSession() will go
though the OperationManager() which guarantee a protected access to the
backend :

            // Call the Add method
            Interceptor head = directoryService.getInterceptor(
addContext.getNextInterceptor() );

            try
            {
                lockWrite();