Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Farzad Valad <ho...@farzad.net> on 2011/08/09 01:19:43 UTC

Defining a job

Having trouble getting the filespec_xml and outputspec_xml.  Used
pgAdmin and see a column labeled configxml text for my output and repo
connector.  It's content for both is "<?xml version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8"?><configuration/>"  So I issued the following command
and got errored out, but I used what was in the db.  Thoughts? Thanks!

processes\script\executecommand.bat
org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.DefineJob TestCrawl FileShare DupFinder
specified disable neverdelete 0 0 0 5 "" "<?xml version='1.0'
encoding='UTF-8'?><configuration/>" "<?xml version='1.0'
encoding='UTF-8'?><configuration/>"
Configuration file successfully read
org.apache.manifoldcf.core.interfaces.ManifoldCFException: Bad xml -
outer node is not 'specification'
         at
org.apache.manifoldcf.core.interfaces.Configuration.initializeFromDoc(Configuration.java:652)
         at
org.apache.manifoldcf.core.interfaces.Configuration.fromXML(Configuration.java:443)
         at org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.DefineJob.main(DefineJob.java:125)

Re: Defining a job

Posted by Farzad Valad <ho...@farzad.net>.
I changed the word configuration to specification and the command
returned a job id.  However I don't have a path defined, which my guess
is related to the empty config xmls.  Where/How do I find the proper
filespec and outputspec xml defs? All that was in the db was the empty
ones I used.  Didn't have much success digging it out of the crawler UI.

Re: Defining a job

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.