Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Monty Ree <ch...@hotmail.com> on 2007/01/04 10:41:02 UTC

Anyone who use spamass-milter?

Hello list.

I enabled spamass-milter like below at sendmail.mc,

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`spamassassin',
`S=local:/var/run/spammilter/spamass.sock, F=, T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m')dnl
define(`confMILTER_MACROS_CONNECT',`t, b, j, _, {daemon_name}, {if_name},
{if_addr}')dnl
define(`confMILTER_MACROS_HELO',`s, {tls_version}, {cipher}, {cipher_bits},
{cert_subject}, {cert_issuer}')dnl

at redhat 7.3 or other distribution versions works well. but at redhat 9.0
is not work..

the /var/log/maillog is below..

spamass-milter: Thrown error: poll says my read pipe is busted

and when I send a using "mail -v" , error(451 4.7.1 Please try again later)
occurs like below.

>>> DATA
250 2.1.5 <ro...@xxx.com>... Recipient ok
354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
>>> .
451 4.7.1 Please try again later
root@xxxt.com... Deferred: 451 4.7.1 Please try again later
Closing connection to [127.0.0.1]
>>> QUIT

As I know, "451 4.7.1 Please try again later" is related greylist milter,
right?
But  I didn't have installed greylist milter just spamass-milter.

Curious thing is that  at other systems works well without any error.

So is there any one who operates spamass-milter at redhat 9.0 system or
meet that error?

my system is
redhat 9.0 + sendmail-8.12.11-4.24.4 + SpamAssassin 3.1.5 + spamass-milter
0.3.1

Thanks for your time..

보다 빠른 소식, 보다 빠른 정보, MSN 뉴스에서 확인하세요.
http://news.msn.co.kr/

Re: Anyone who use spamass-milter?

Posted by "corpus.defero" <co...@idnet.com>.
On Fri, 2010-04-02 at 11:31 -0700, forrie wrote:
> I'm running in to this same problem - I've been trying to debug this all
> morning.
>
> The error message is ambiguous and appears to be directly connected to
> spamassassin.  I upgraded to 3.3.1 and rebuilt, and the problem happens
> still.   It seems to happen for large sites like aol.com, facebook.com, ...
> there are others that work fine, such as Google Gmail.
>
> I do not have any grey-listing installed.  These messages are being rejected
> with an ambiguous:
>
> Milter: data, reject=451 4.3.2 Please try again later
>
> and it doesn't make any sense.   I've checked the socket file, permissions,
> etc.  I don't see any errors in the logs.
>
> What could be causing this?  It's becoming a problem as mails are not being
> received inbound.

Strict 'users' will say this is *not* a SpamAssassin issue so have your
flame-proof pants handy :=0

It may help somewhat if you mentioned the MTA you are using and how
you've configured it to use the milter.

FWIW I once had that issue with Postfix - lots of "451 4.7.1 Service
unavailable - try again later" errors which were nearly as helpful :-)

First things first, it is running? You've configured your MTA to talk to
the milter? You don't have any issues with the socket being relative to
a chroot jail?

Re: Anyone who use spamass-milter?