Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Bruno Kinoshita <ki...@apache.org> on 2023/02/11 21:43:01 UTC

[SITE][ANNOUNCE] New sidebar with Table of Contents on jena.apache.org pages

Hi,

We have a new sidebar in the jena.apache.org website, that is automatically
built by Hugo - https://github.com/apache/jena-site/pull/144

The sidebar is not displayed on the landing page, and it has a different
behavior for large screens and for mobile screens.

Let us know if you have any feedback, or if you spot any issues on
different mobile devices, please. Or any suggestions to improve the website.

For follow-up issues and future improvements, I have:

- Maybe add a scroll for the sidebar when there are too many topics (e.g.
Fuseki and GeoSparql pages);
- Add another sidebar when the visitor has a large screen, displaying the
same content of the top menu (so that instead of having to expand and
search the top menu, you can access it quicker);
- Add a search to the page (via JS first, or use Google/DDG if possible &
really needed - I think the JS option is simpler for a start);
- Fix the active menu JavaScript code.

Cheers

-Bruno

Fwd: [SITE][ANNOUNCE] New sidebar with Table of Contents on jena.apache.org pages