Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/12 15:03:20 UTC

What's the accuracy of random forests in Mahout?

Hi,

When the training data set can be loaded into memory, or each split
can be, what's accuracy of the decision forest algorithm, compared
with LogisticRegression. Do you have production usages with random
forest?

Regards,

Xiaobo Gu

Re: What's the accuracy of random forests in Mahout?

Posted by deneche abdelhakim <ad...@gmail.com>.
the in-memory implementation has basically similar precision of the original
Random Forests described by Breiman. The following Jira post shows some
results obtained on the same datasets used in Breiman's paper:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-122?focusedCommentId=12718777&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-12718777

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.