Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Daniel Olmedilla <ol...@learninglab.de> on 2004/04/28 06:21:19 UTC

Where are the Axis log files?

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find the things I write on the console from a
service? I also tried to use the
LogFactory.getLog(RDQLProviderSoapBindingImpl.class);  but I didn't find
anything and nothing appear on the Tomcat log file.

BTW, I found the problem I described below.

Best regards,

	DOC

Hi,

I have a problem with one of the methods I am developing. I have a class with
10 methods and there is one method that does not work. The method is public
java.lang.String synchronousQuery(java.lang.String in0, java.lang.String in1)
throws java.rmi.RemoteException,
org.elena.service.sqi.QueryModeNotSupportedException,
org.elena.service.NoSuchSessionException,
org.elena.service.sqi.NoValidQueryStatementException

All the datatypes are described in the wsdd file.
The error I receive is:

AxisFault
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
	{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace: AxisFault
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:

	at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:260)
	at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:169)
	at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.endElement(DeserializationContextImpl.java:1015)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown
Source)
	at
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(DeserializationContextImpl.java:242)
	at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:538)
	at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:376)
	at
net.jxta.edutella.sqi.target.rdql.RDQLProviderSoapBindingStub.synchronousQuery(RDQLProviderSoapBindingStub.java:757)
	at
test.net.jxta.edutella.sqi.QueryTester.testSynchronousDatalogQueryWithLoggedUser(QueryTester.java:149)
	at
	at
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:392)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:276)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:167)

Any idea about how to solve it?

Thanks in advance,

	DOC
--
     Daniel Olmedilla
     Learning Lab Lower Saxony (L3S)

     Phone: +49 (0)511 762.97.41
     Fax:     +49 (0)511 762.97.79

     http://www.learninglab.de/~olmedilla/
     E-Mail: olmedilla@learninglab.de

Re: Where are the Axis log files?

Posted by Nelson Minar <ne...@monkey.org>.
>Does anyone know where I can find the things I write on the console
>from a service?

You need to configure the logging setup. Here's a copy of a message I
sent a few weeks ago, archived at

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&m=108173495708344&w=2

One minor change in Axis 1.2beta is it no longer includes a
log4j.properties in the jar file. This is a good thing - it means that
you have an easier time configuring log4j yourself. But it also means
you have to configure it!

You have many options:
  Ignore the warning
  Put the log4j.properties that comes with Axis in your CLASSPATH
  Write your own log4j.properties
  Tell Axis to use something other than log4j and configure that.

I do the last one with the following overly verbose command line
arguments:
  -Dorg.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger
  -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/home/nelson/logging.properties

This is pretty well documented here:
  http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/integration-guide.html