Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Rui Shi <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2007/12/13 23:53:04 UTC

How to ask hadoop not to split the input

Hi,

My input is a bunch of gz files on local file system. I don't want hadoop to split them for mappers. How should I specify that?

Thanks,

Rui

Be a better friend, newshound, and

Re: How to ask hadoop not to split the input

Posted by Owen O'Malley <oo...@yahoo-inc.com>.
On Dec 13, 2007, at 3:03 PM, Runping Qi wrote:

> If your files have .gz as extension, they will split.

They will _not_ split.

RE: How to ask hadoop not to split the input

Posted by Runping Qi <ru...@yahoo-inc.com>.
If your files have .gz as extension, they will split.

Runping

__