Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Ravi Prasad <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/24 13:05:13 UTC

How to automate the Sqoop script in Production environment

Hi all,

1)  Can anyone please suggest me , how to automate the Sqoop scripts in the
production environment.

I  need to import data from Oracle tables to  Hadoop Hive tables using the
below scripts.

sqoop import  --connect jdbc:oracle:thin:@<ipaddress>:1521/<DB> --username
username --password *password *--table <tablename> --columns column1
,column2,column3--hive-import --hive-overwrite  --hive-table
default.oracreport --lines-terminated-by '\n' --fields-terminated-by ','
--target-dir /user/hdfs/

2) Is there any way to hide the password.

RAVI PRASAD. T

Re: How to automate the Sqoop script in Production environment

Posted by Ravi Prasad <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Karthik, Girish and Laurent

Posted by Ravi Prasad <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ravi Prasad <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ravi Prasad <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Laurent H <la...@gmail.com>.