Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/08 00:24:00 UTC

[VOTE] 5.1.0 RC1

Please vote for the first release candidate for Lucene/Solr 5.1.0

The artifacts can be downloaded from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-5.1.0-RC1-rev1671632

You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:

NOTE: You'll need to pull the latest updates Steve Rowe made to the
smoke tester script to work with the RC staged in subversion instead
of on people.apache.org. Specifically, you need Steve's fix for:
LUCENE-6403
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1671739

Lastly, I built this RC yesterday, so it does not have Adrien's recent
changes for LUCENE-6406. Those will be included in 5.2 or the next RC
should one be needed.

Thanks for your patience in waiting for me to get this out.

Here's my +1 SUCCESS! [0:45:16.075315]

Best regards,
Tim

Re: [VOTE] 5.1.0 RC1

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1

SUCCESS! [1:35:41.271816]

Steve

Re: [VOTE] 5.1.0 RC1

Posted by Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 5.1.0 RC1

Posted by Alan Woodward <al...@flax.co.uk>.
I'd like to get a change to SOLR-1387 in (just making a possibly-underperformant helper method private, something that Mike flagged).  Sorry for not getting this in before the RC was cut, have been away from a computer for a couple of weeks.

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk

Re: [VOTE] 5.1.0 RC1

Posted by Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com>.
Hmmm ... 5.x nightly failed again ... this time it was
DistributedMLTComponentTest ... this test doesn't have anything to do
with the SocketProxy and partitions of the usual suspects ... passes
locally so the failure seems transient?

ant test  -Dtestcase=DistributedMLTComponentTest -Dtests.method=test
-Dtests.seed=18D4ED128EC399FC -Dtests.multiplier=2
-Dtests.nightly=true -Dtests.slow=true
-Dtests.linedocsfile=/home/jenkins/lucene-data/enwiki.random.lines.txt
-Dtests.locale=uk_UA -Dtests.timezone=Etc/GMT-2 -Dtests.asserts=true
-Dtests.file.encoding=US-ASCII

So do I do another RC or should we wait until we have a passing build
for 5.1 on Jenkins?

Re: [VOTE] 5.1.0 RC1

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 5.1.0 RC1

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 5.1.0 RC1

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 5.1.0 RC1

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 5.1.0 RC1

Posted by Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 5.1.0 RC1

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 5.1.0 RC1

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 5.1.0 RC1

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
I've filed SOLR-7364.

Re: [VOTE] 5.1.0 RC1

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 10:47 AM, Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think tests like this should get a JIRA issue and a @BadApple.

And should automatically become release blockers, unless someone
analyzes the failure reasons and explains why it's still OK to
release.

-Yonik

Re: [VOTE] 5.1.0 RC1

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.