Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Daniel Sahlberg <da...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/26 20:27:36 UTC

Website "Blog" area

Hi,

CollabNet (now Digial.AI) previously hosted a few sites containing articles
describing design choices and usage examples from Subversion earlier
history. Unfortunately these have been decommissioned and/or neglected and
succmbed to bitrot.

A preservation effort was undertaken by the PMC with the important help of
C. Michael Pilato and Mark Phippard who arranged for permission to host
these articles within the Subversion website.

I have edited the articles to match with the standard design of our website
and added them to the staging website:
https://subversion-staging.apache.org/blog/

Feedback is of course welcome!

There is also a 10 year gap since the last article - if anyone have
something to contribute, please feel free to add it or suggest it here! I
think a given topic would be to describe the new pristine-less wc mode
under development; @Julian Foad <ju...@apache.org>  and/or @Evgeny
Kotkov <ev...@visualsvn.com>?

Kind regards,
Daniel Sahlberg

Re: Website "Blog" area

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 3, 2023 at 7:33 AM Daniel Sahlberg
<da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Den tors 30 mars 2023 kl 00:34 skrev Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> Thanks for doing this!
>>
>> I have found only one minor typo which was copied/pasted with the
>> boilerplate text preceding each article. It is fixed in r1908789.
>

> Thanks for reviewing! I've committed this to publish now.
>
> Kind regards,
> Daniel

It looks like our website's blog section arrived at just the right
time and with the correct address -- Infra just announced (forwarded
message below) that blogs.apache.org will be decommissioned and
repurposed to point to individual project blogs at
$project.apache.org/blog, which is exactly where ours is located!

Forwarded message below...

Cheers,
Nathan

Posted by Daniel Sahlberg <da...@gmail.com>.