Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Valentyn Tymofieiev <va...@google.com> on 2020/02/06 15:33:30 UTC

Re: Jenkins trigger logic

> although sometimes no status checks appear, the job is actually submitted
> to Jenkins.

This indeed may be happening sometimes, but definitely not every time. The
earliest precommit command on the PR 10346 for commit 2bf1a2b was
triggered[1] on 10:26 AM PST or 6:26 PM UTC (Jenkins uses UTC).  The
earliest test run triggered by jenkins on commit 2bf1a2b that I see in the
builds was at 3:21 PM PDT or 11:21 PM UTC [2], possibly triggered by the
command on the PR at 3 PM PDT [3]. At least 4 commands to trigger the suite
were ignored...

Hopefully whatever recent change that caused this will be reverted once we
> move to the new Beam Jenkins master. (https://ci-beam.apache.org).

Do we have a JIRA that tracks this migration?

Thanks

[1] https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/10346#issuecomment-578885566
[2] https://builds.apache.org/job/beam_PreCommit_Python_Phrase/1414/
[3] https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/10346#issuecomment-578996626

Re: Jenkins trigger logic

Posted by Shoaib Zafar <sh...@venturedive.com>.
Hi Everyone.

Similar issue with the PR https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/10712 as well.

I've seen the tests are triggered and passed on Jenkins but for some reason
Github not showing any activity!

https://builds.apache.org/job/beam_PreCommit_Python_Commit/11080/

Regards,

*Shoaib Zafar*