Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alex Vu <al...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/01 18:17:48 UTC

Quick Indexing Method???

Hello,

I am new to Solr.  I looked at getting started document. Can somebody show
me how to index text file.   I've tried other method, it just takes too much
time.

I am aware that Solr take XML files.  I'm trying to find the
*quickiest*method to index text, binary, or pcap file.  Preferably,
text file.

Thanx,
Alex V.

Re: Quick Indexing Method???

Posted by Alejandro Gonzalez <al...@gmail.com>.
What about building an XML with text fields as everyones does ? :)

Re: Quick Indexing Method???

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 9:47 PM, Alex Vu <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to Solr.  I looked at getting started document. Can somebody show
> me how to index text file.   I've tried other method, it just takes too much
> time.
>
> I am aware that Solr take XML files.  I'm trying to find the
> *quickiest*method to index text, binary, or pcap file.  Preferably,
> text file.

One quick method is to use CSV files. Look at
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateCSV

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.