Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Prameet Patil <pr...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/02 05:37:47 UTC

KahaDB Migration in ActiveMQ 5.15.2

Hey guys,
We have a master-slave ActiveMQ 5.15.2 broker with shared kahaDB storage
mounted on a NFS server and we want to migrate this ActiveMQ cluster along
with kahaDB to a whole new different server without any downtime.
So our approach is to create a new ActiveMQ master-slave shared storage
cluster on the new servers and create a duplex network connector from old
broker to new broker, then make all the clients point to the new cluster.
now all the messages from old broker to new broker are brought on demand.
so we can keep the network connector for some time till all the messages
are forwarded from old broker to new broker,then remove the connector.

any issues in the above approach ??
and suggest if there are any better approaches.

Re: KahaDB Migration in ActiveMQ 5.15.2

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Yes, if you "reuse" one of the existing broker adding the network connector there, all messages will be forwarded to the new set, so no need to copy the kahadb folder.

Regards
JB

Posted by Prameet Patil <pr...@gmail.com>.
Ok thanks