Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org> on 1999/08/13 00:40:02 UTC

Re: mod_jserv/4855: JVM left running after quit prevents modified classes from reloading

The following reply was made to PR mod_jserv/4855; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>
To: dkamins@fungusamungus.com
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: mod_jserv/4855: JVM left running after quit prevents modified
 classes from reloading
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 15:33:56 -0700

 Dan Kamins wrote:

 > After shutting down the Apache server (either CTRL-C or
 > 'apache -k shutdown'), its "java.exe" process is left
 > running.

 Does this happen also when you run Apache and JServ from the Service
 Manager Panel in Windows NT Control Panel? I'm running NT4 either, and I
 never had this problem.
 What does your Apache error log say? Does it report that it cannot kill
 the JVM?

 	Pier

Re: mod_jserv/4855: JVM left running after quit prevents modified classes from reloading

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.
Dan Kamins wrote:

> I went back and tried the "-k shutdown" several times more, and it seems to
> work properly now!  I have a feeling that before when I was trying it, I was
> seeing the JVM left over from a PREVIOUS instance (that I probably had done
> CTRL-C on), and I must have mistaken that for the current one.

Cool... We'll close the bug report :-)