Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com> on 2012/08/20 23:03:43 UTC

Re: mod_perl and httpd-2.4 - update

On 7/25/2012 5:03 AM, Jan Kaluža wrote:
> With my latest patches [1] mod_perl looks usable to me and there are
> only few tests which fails. Many of those tests have to be rewritten,
> because the features they are testing have changed in httpd-2.4.

Jan,

I'm trying to work on testing the patches and extrapolate on your work.
However, I'm having problems cleanly patching.

If I use http://jkaluza.fedorapeople.org/mod_perl/all.tgz, what version
of mod_perl should I be patching against?

Regards,
KAM

Re: mod_perl and httpd-2.4 - update

Posted by Jan Kaluža <jk...@redhat.com>.
On 08/20/2012 11:26 PM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> On 8/20/2012 5:03 PM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
>> On 7/25/2012 5:03 AM, Jan Kaluža wrote:
>>> With my latest patches [1] mod_perl looks usable to me and there are
>>> only few tests which fails. Many of those tests have to be rewritten,
>>> because the features they are testing have changed in httpd-2.4.
>>
>> Jan,
>>
>> I'm trying to work on testing the patches and extrapolate on your
>> work. However, I'm having problems cleanly patching.
>>
>> If I use http://jkaluza.fedorapeople.org/mod_perl/all.tgz, what
>> version of mod_perl should I be patching against?
> Following up my own question, it looks like maybe you have some old
> patches accidentally included?

Yes :(, you are right. I've just copied all *.patch files from my
working directory and there were some old ones. Anyway, it's fixed now.
All patches are against mod_perl 2.0.7

> These are all dated june 6th and conflict with #'s from june 25th:
>
> 0010-Remove-OPT_INCNOEXEC.patch
> 0011-Fixed-logleve.patch
> 0012-Use-module-name-in-ap_add_loaded_module.patch
> 0013-unixd_config-renamed-to-ap_unixd_config.patch
> 0014-remote_ip-renamed-to-client_ip.patch
> 0015-remove-apu_error.h-include.patch
>
> I think you might have two sets of patches intermingled.
>
> Regards,
> KAM

Regards,
Jan Kaluza