Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by "Fedotov, Alexei A" <al...@intel.com> on 2006/11/05 18:51:36 UTC

RE: [drlvm] [testing] Excluding commit tests until the problem is fixed

Rana, Pavel (Afremov), All,

Geir's comment on r443504 (fix for
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1363 [drlvm] Java 1.5, 64
bit support, JVMTI improvements) reads:

> 1) Stack overflow exception stuff is broken.  I had to remove the
assert
>    in signals_ia32.cpp line 336.  Rana knows and will look.  I also
>    disabled the StackTest.

I have noticed that the patch added a new function
exn_raise_by_name_internal which fails on the first invocation checking
an assertion about thread state, see
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2070 [drlvm][unit]
org.apache.harmony.beans.tests.java.beans.PersistenceDelegateTest
crashes DRLVM.

I also have noticed that this function is called to create
java.lang.StackOverflowError.

Could you help me to understand the current status of the problem?

With best regards,
Alexei Fedotov,
Intel Java & XML Engineering

JIRA

Posted by Alexey Varlamov <al...@gmail.com>.
+1
I like this approach too - more flexible than current.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Vladimir Ivanov wrote:
> As variant, the java from 'test.jre.home' may be run with "-version"
> option and output may be parsed and mapped to some value. In this
> case all Harmony VM should support this option and print different
> messages. Is it OK?
>
> I suggest implementing version with hard coded vm name and than
> extend it by auto-detecting capability.

Sure give it a try and let us know what it takes.

Regards,
Tim

Posted by Vladimir Ivanov <iv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
I like this approach.

+1

(it's exactly how I would have done it. :)

Posted by Vladimir Ivanov <iv...@gmail.com>.
Issue 2197 was updated to exclude test by the simplest way (very simple
exclude files).

The next step will be looking through the issue 263. I'll try it.

It will fine if somebody take care about issue 2197 (exclude files for
win/lnx on x86 for IBM and DRl VMs).

 Thanks, Vladimir

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.

Alexei Fedotov wrote:
> Do we have a best practice to link an exclusion to the reason? Are we
> intended to use svn blame for each line which contain <exclude>? Is it
> better to put comments right into the file near exludes? Thoughts?

What I meant by my comment is that I'm interested in seeing excludes in
external files, which can then be organized by platform, and have that
information used at the high-level in ant.  So for that existing JIRA,
reusing code for managing exclude lists is a good idea, but I'm still
fairly resistant to the idea of tying ourselves closer to junit.

As for info.... not a bad idea... yeah, it might be good to place info
in comments in the exclude file, even if it's as simple as a JIRA entry
id.  That way, if you want to see what's excluded, you can just look in
that file, and "why" is there too...

geir

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.

--
Thank you,
Alexei

Re: [drlvm] [testing] Excluding commit tests until the problem is fixed

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexei Zakharov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vladimir,

--
Alexei Zakharov,

Re: [drlvm] [testing] Excluding commit tests until the problem is fixed

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
We should also take a hard look at how to do this in DRLVM as well...

Posted by Vladimir Ivanov <iv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexei Zakharov <al...@gmail.com>.

--
Alexei Zakharov,

Re: [drlvm] [testing] Excluding commit tests until the problem is fixed

Posted by Vladimir Ivanov <iv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.

--
Thank you,
Alexei

Re: [drlvm] [testing] Excluding commit tests until the problem is fixed

Posted by Pavel Afremov <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rana Dasgupta <rd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pavel Afremov <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rana.

Posted by Rana Dasgupta <rd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pavel Afremov <pa...@gmail.com>.
Rana,

Posted by Rana Dasgupta <rd...@gmail.com>.
Alexei,

Posted by Pavel Afremov <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hello.

Could you be so kind to check
*HARMONY-2018*<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2018>
before start fixing and discussing this bug,  please?

I reported it and provided a fix a week ago.

Thanks.

Pavel Afremov.