Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Craig Green <CG...@bulldog.com> on 2001/07/13 21:11:58 UTC

When to use SOAP?

Hello,
	I have a web server running a web application (Java), currently it
interacts with JSPs using Beans. I'm looking at SOAP so that I can create a
stand alone MS application which interacts with my web app (Essentially it
will be replacing Beans in a ASP.NET or MS client). I will be passing back
fairly complex data objects. They will contain references to many other
complex user defined type, in addition to Vectors, Hashtables, etc... My
Question: "Is SOAP the right way to go?!?!"
	I can't see any problem going from Java server to Java client. But I
assume that I will have to write a de/serializer on the client side (I'd be
using COM), this seems quite labour intensive for the number of different
object that I have.

Is COM<->Java interoperability far enough along to make this project
feasible yet?

Thanks for your input.
Craig

This email message is confidential and subject to copyright.
Any unauthorized use or disclosure is prohibited.