Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Andy Norris <an...@tireswing.net> on 2004/09/21 03:01:13 UTC

Upgrading 2.55 -> 2.64

Sorry if this is old news, but we just got on a new dedicated server, and
it's stuck at v2.55. Our old server had 2.64, and some of our settings
didn't make it over in the move.

Please point me in the right direction for upgrading to 2.64. We're running
Redhat with an Ensim control panel.

Your help is greatly appreciated,

Andy

Re: Upgrading 2.55 -> 2.64

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
At 08:01 PM 9/20/2004 -0500, Andy Norris wrote:
>Sorry if this is old news, but we just got on a new dedicated server, and
>it's stuck at v2.55. Our old server had 2.64, and some of our settings
>didn't make it over in the move.
>
>Please point me in the right direction for upgrading to 2.64. We're
>running Redhat with an Ensim control panel.

Upgrading is mostly just a matter if installing 2.64 on top of 2.55.

The only minor issues I know of are
         making sure DB_File is installed if you want to use bayes. 2.5x
didn't need it, 2.6x does
         making sure that if razor is present it is newer than 2.36, or is
2.36 with the taint patch applied.

Be sure to read the top README in the tarball for a few more odd-and-ends
in the way of upgrade issues.