Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jordi Llonch <jo...@laigu.net> on 2002/10/22 12:59:28 UTC

Generate multiple PDF's

Hi,

I need get separate pdf files from a xslt and xml data. Is it possible?

Tnx

Jordi Llonch

Re: Generate multiple PDF's

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
Jordi Llonch wrote:

> I need get separate pdf files from a xslt and xml data. Is it possible?

Sure. Generate several xsl-fo documents (you can do it in xslt 1.0 using
extension elements, see your xslt processor tfm) and process them by fop one
by one.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team

Re: Generate multiple PDF's #off topic#

Posted by ronald heller <ro...@salience.nl>.

>Please go back to the FOP website, read a bit about FOP and then come back
>and ask a serious question....

this is uncalled for.
For him this is a serious question, your answer isn't.
The "solution" should not even be sought in FOP but in XSLT.

Just don't answer questions like this if they irritate you.

Re: Generate multiple PDF's

Posted by Alex McLintock <al...@OWAL.co.uk>.
At 11:59 22/10/02, Jordi Llonch wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I need get separate pdf files from a xslt and xml data. Is it possible?
>
>Tnx
>
>Jordi Llonch

Please go back to the FOP website, read a bit about FOP and then come back
and ask a serious question....

http://xml.apache.org/fop/

FOP (Formatting Objects Processor) is the world's first print formatter
driven by XSL formatting objects and the world's first output independent
formatter. It is a Java application that reads a formatting object tree and
then renders the resulting pages to a specified output. Output formats
currently supported are PDF, PCL, PS, SVG, XML (area tree representation),
Print, AWT, MIF and TXT. The primary output target is PDF.

The latest version of Fop is 0.20.4 and it supports the XSL-FO Version 1.0
W3C Recommendation. You can download Fop including a precompiled version,
the source code and many example files to get you started. Pointers to
introductions into xsl:fo can be found in the resources section. Please be
aware, that Fop is at the moment not a full implementation of the basic
conformance level of the xsl:fo standard. You can find a list of supported
flow objects and properties in the section Features and in section
Limitations in what way this support is limited.
FOP is part of Apache's XML project. The homepage of FOP is
http://xml.apache.org/fop. Here you can find information about using and
developing with FOP.

Openweb Analysts Ltd, London.
Software For Complex Websites http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
Open Source Software Companies please register here
http://www.OWAL.co.uk/oss_support/