Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/25 18:38:14 UTC

Re: re: org.apache.spark.Logging not found because of dependencies mismatches

Hi,

Please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community can
receive email notifications for your messages. To subscribe, send empty
email to user-subscribe@ignite.apache.org and follow simple instructions in
the reply.

Sai wrote
> i'm trying to architect a solution leveraging in-memory fabric provided by
> Apache Ignite.  We use 1.7.0 version and our Spark application has a
> dependency on spark 2.0 and ignite-spark.  This Ignite-spark has a
> dependency on Spark 1.5.2 and while compiling and i get the
> org.apache.spark.Logging not found error.
>
> 1. in the same JVM, spark worker has 2 dependencies on the same library
> (artifact) and it's my understanding that first one gets loaded and used
> by class loader.  Is this correct?  If so, does it create a conflict as
> anything deprecated won't work assuming 2.0 is the one that's loaded
> 2. how do we resolve this one?
> 3. when does Ignite plan to update it to Spark 2.0 for ignite-spark?
>
> thanks

Spark 2.0 is not supported right now, here is the ticket for upgrade:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-3710. Feel free to pick it up
;)

-Val