Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jg...@opentechnet.com> on 2004/09/17 14:29:01 UTC

Newbie & FriendlyURLs: problems

    Hi there,

    I have tried to test the functionality found in the wiki about
FriendlyUrls (http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-tapestry/FriendlyUrls), but
I'm not having complete success:

    I have a home page, with a link to a page that should be protected
using J2EE decalrative security. In my Home.html I have:

listener="ognl:listeners.admin">admin</a>

    This generates the following html link:

http://localhost:8080/urltest/Home.page?service=direct&service=0&service=%24DirectLink

    If I click this link, I go to that page (through a cycle.activate in
the listener method), that contains the following in AdminPage.html:

listener="ognl:listeners.vamos">pagina principal</a>

    and this generates the following link:

http://localhost:8080/urltest/admin/main.page?service=direct&service=0&service=%24DirectLink

    It seems that the application is generating the desired URLs, but
one step after the desired location, as I would like the first link to
contain the /admin part so it gets caught by the authentication
mechanism. Anyway it's evident that I'm missing something, as I don't
understand how DirectLink could guess the location of the next page just
knowing the listener of the current page. Any way, this seems to be
working in the web site the author mentions, so it seems I'm doing
something terribly wrong here. Sorry if this is evident, I'm a newbie to
tapestry.

    Thanks in advance, best regards
    Jose

Re: Newbie & FriendlyURLs: problems

Posted by Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jg...@opentechnet.com>.
    Never mind, solved using PageLink... kind of evident...

    Sorry for the noise, best regards
    Jose