Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Hesham Gneady <he...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/11 20:10:31 UTC

Writing Urdu text has a small problem

Hello ,

I have tried using ICU4J library to write Urdu text to a PDF file. I have
succeeded in writing it, but it has a small problem. For example when
writing the following:

https://imgur.com/B5ScEWJ

It appeared in the PDF file as:

https://imgur.com/wFJ6itz

The letters appeared right to left just fine, but you can see that some
letters are not connected. Is there someway to fix that?

Best regards,

Hesham

---

RE: Writing Urdu text has a small problem

Posted by Hesham Gneady <he...@gmail.com>.
Hmmm ... Thanks for the reply Tilman.

Best regards,
Hesham

Included Message:

Hi,
We don't support complex scripts so no help from us, sorry. Apache FOP does.
Tilman

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Hi,