Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by vupt <vu...@yahoo.com> on 2000/03/23 05:58:56 UTC

accessing own home brewed classes in XSP pages

Hi,

I've created some of my own classes which I would like
to use in my XSP files. Is there a place you declare
the path to these classes so that XSP knows I where to
find them?

In the jserv.conf file there are declarations called
wrapper.classpath that allow you to append classpathes
for the jvm. But the documentation in the file says
that the classes you want to be automatically reloaded
upon modification MUST NOT be in this classpath. Since
my homebrewed are undergoing development they change
very frequently right now.

How do I make XSP aware of my homebrewed classes so
that I can use them?

http://im.yahoo.com

Re: accessing own home brewed classes in XSP pages

Posted by Mike Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com>.
vupt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've created some of my own classes which I would like
> to use in my XSP files. Is there a place you declare
> the path to these classes so that XSP knows I where to
> find them?

> How do I make XSP aware of my homebrewed classes so
> that I can use them?

It's very easy just do this in your xsp page:

<xsp:page language="java" xmlns:xsp="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Core">
    <xsp:structure>
        <xsp:include>com.yourpackage.YourClass</xsp:include>
    </xsp:structure>

    <DOCUMENT>
        <!-- rest of xsp here -->
    <DOCUMENT>