Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Len <ls...@salmonllc.com> on 2007/07/19 21:42:52 UTC

Issuing Credits

I would like to issue a 'Credit' to a customer.  The credit is not based on
a return item nor a specific previous billed amount.   The credit will be
more like a bonus to the customer for not returning a product.

for example:
I would like the CSR to be able to give a customer  25% of the product's
purchase price as a credit.

I currently have an amount field, payment methods and a reason field.  Which
entity and service would be best used  in order to store this information?

Re: Issuing Credits

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I suggest to use the "Edit Items" feature before delivering the new order and set a value to the field "Promotion" at the bottom of
the items. Beware, use only the "Update" button at the right of the field and then the "View Order" feature just near the "Edit
Items" feature. If you use the "Update item" buttons you will loose your changes. So if you need to also edit items, make it before
applying promotion or shipping handling changes. I will work on this bug next week.

Jacques

De : "Len" <ls...@salmonllc.com>