Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by arjoshi <ar...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/29 18:52:31 UTC

need a structured learning approach

Greetings to everyone from a completely fresh and new beginner to the ofbiz
community. I'm impressed by the features that ofbiz has and intend to cover
every ground of knowledge about the project. But I don't quite know where to
start. I looked at the books page
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Related+Books here  and have
prima facie decided to adopt the approach of reading the book and looking
for corresponding concepts in the ofbiz API documentation. Having said that
the question I have is that is there a one-to-one mapping between the
concepts in the texts listed in the ofbiz books page and the actual
implementation? or else my study effort would be inefficient. While
conducting my study I intend to... for example read the concepts of
inventory management and play with the code assuming that those concepts are
indeed implemented so that I get exposure both to theory as well as get a
chance to look at the implementation of the concept. I intend to give my
self a a  year to master the concepts as well as implementation knowledge of
ofbiz ( doing about 6-7 hours a day part time) . Is this over-ambitious or
sufficient?

Any guidance/help from veterans/current users is welcome.

- Anup

Re: need a structured learning approach

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
At least you should try to begin by http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Documentation+Index