Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Travis Low <tl...@4centurion.com> on 2011/11/15 23:27:30 UTC

Problems installing Solr PHP extension

I know this isn't strictly Solr, but I've been at this for hours and I'm at
my wits end.  I cannot install the Solr PECL extension (
http://pecl.php.net/package/solr), either by command line "pecl install
solr" or by downloading and using phpize.  Always the same error, which I
see here:
http://www.lmpx.com/nav/article.php/news.php.net/php.qa.reports/24197/read/index.html

It boils down to this:
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/root/solr-0.9.11/modules/solr.so' - /root/solr-0.9.11/modules/solr.so:
undefined symbol: curl_easy_getinfo in Unknown on line 0

I am using the current Solr PECL extension.  PHP 5.3.8.  Curl 7.21.3.  Yes,
libcurl and libcurl-dev are both installed, also 7.21.3.  Fedora Core 15,
patched to current levels.

Please help!

cheers,

Travis
--

**

*Travis Low, Director of Development*

** <tl...@4centurion.com>* *

*Centurion Research Solutions, LLC*

*14048 ParkEast Circle *•* Suite 100 *•* Chantilly, VA 20151*

*703-956-6276 *•* 703-378-4474 (fax)*

*http://www.centurionresearch.com* <http://www.centurionresearch.com>

**The information contained in this email message is confidential and
protected from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use
or dissemination of this communication, including attachments, is strictly
prohibited.  If you received this email message in error, please delete it
and immediately notify the sender.

This email message and any attachments have been scanned and are believed
to be free of malicious software and defects that might affect any computer
system in which they are received and opened. No responsibility is accepted
by Centurion Research Solutions, LLC for any loss or damage arising from
the content of this email.

Re: Problems installing Solr PHP extension

Posted by Travis Low <tl...@4centurion.com>.
Ah, ausgezeichnet, thank you Kuli!  We'll just use that.

--

**

Posted by Michael Kuhlmann <ku...@solarier.de>.
Am 16.11.2011 17:11, schrieb Travis Low:

> If I can't solve this problem then we'll basically have to write our own
> PHP Solr client, which would royally suck.

Oh, if you really can't get the library work, no problem - there are
several PHP clients out there that don't need a PECL installation.

Personally, I have used http://code.google.com/p/solr-php-client/, it
works well.

-Kuli

Re: Problems installing Solr PHP extension

Posted by Travis Low <tl...@4centurion.com>.
Thanks so much for responding.  I tried your suggestion and the pecl build
*seems* to go okay, but after restarting Apache, I get this again in the
error_log:

> PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
> '/usr/lib64/php/modules/solr.so' - /usr/lib64/php/modules/solr.so:
> undefined symbol: curl_easy_getinfo in Unknown on line 0

I'm baffled by this because the undefined symbol is in libcurl.so, and I've
specified the path to that library.

If I can't solve this problem then we'll basically have to write our own
PHP Solr client, which would royally suck.

cheers,

Travis

--

**