Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com> on 2005/10/03 18:37:46 UTC

umbilical.done is called two times

Hi,

the  umbilical.done is called two times in case a task is finished.
The map and the reduce task implementation call done when in the last
line of the run methods. (Maptask: 132, ReduceTask: 273)
But the tasktracker calls the the umbilical.done a second time in
line 585.

Is this a bug? I guess the jobtracker just ignores second time
fininshed tasks.
Should I open a bug report?

Stefan

Re: umbilical.done is called two times

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@nutch.org>.
Stefan Groschupf wrote:
> the  umbilical.done is called two times in case a task is finished.
> The map and the reduce task implementation call done when in the last
> line of the run methods. (Maptask: 132, ReduceTask: 273)
> But the tasktracker calls the the umbilical.done a second time in  line
> 585.

You're right.

> Is this a bug? I guess the jobtracker just ignores second time
> fininshed tasks.
> Should I open a bug report?

I don't think it causes any harm, but we might fix it anyway.  I think
we should remove the call on TaskTracker.java:585.  Note that under
LocalJobRunner.java done() is only called once, so I think the "extra"
call is the one in TaskTracker.java.

Doug