Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Charlie Hull <ch...@flax.co.uk> on 2013/12/06 15:29:38 UTC

Introducing Luwak for high-performance stored Lucene queries

Hi all,

We've now released the library we mentioned in our presentation at
Lucene Revolution: https://github.com/flaxsearch/luwak

You can use this to apply tens of thousands of stored Lucene queries to
an incoming document in a second or so on relatively modest hardware. We
use it for media monitoring applications but it could equally be useful
for categorisation, classification etc.

It's currently based on a fork of Lucene (details supplied) but
hopefully it'll work with release versions soon.

Feedback is very welcome!

Cheers

Charlie

--
Charlie Hull
Flax - Open Source Enterprise Search

tel/fax: +44 (0)8700 118334
mobile:  +44 (0)7767 825828
web: www.flax.co.uk

Re: Introducing Luwak for high-performance stored Lucene queries

Posted by Charlie Hull <ch...@flax.co.uk>.
On 06/12/2013 14:35, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
> Hi Charlie,
>
> Very nice - thanks!
>
> I'd love to see a side-by-side comparison with ES percolator..... got
> something like that in your blog topic queue?

It's a good idea, I'll add it to the list. May need some more roundtuits....

Posted by "Ing. Jorge Luis Betancourt Gonzalez" <jl...@uci.cu>.
+1 on this.

Enviados: Viernes, 6 de Diciembre 2013 9:35:25
Asunto: Re: Introducing Luwak for high-performance stored Lucene queries

III Escuela Internacional de Invierno en la UCI del 17 al 28 de febrero del 2014. Ver www.uci.cu

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi Charlie,

Posted by Alan Woodward <al...@flax.co.uk>.
Cross-posting this from the solr mailing list.