Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by The Doctor <do...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> on 2005/05/13 21:28:08 UTC

Challenge Response Authentication

IS there a good package that one can plug into Spam Assassin for C-r?

--
Member - Liberal International
This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca	Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca

Re: Challenge Response Authentication

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
jdow wrote:
> From: "Theo Van Dinter" <fe...@kluge.net>
>
>>That said, C/R is really annoying and IMO not worth the effort.  YMMV.  :)
>

> Anybody who does that to me ends up in my .procmailrc file redirected
> to /dev/null. C/R is an example of that with which I will not put.
>
> {^_^}

Agreed...

Actually, I do sometimes approve C/R requests.. usually only if I think I did
not send them message and suspect it's spoofed spam.

I tend to chalk that up as: "If you can't bother to check my SPF records prior
to sending me a challenge for an email that you could easily prove to be
spoofed, then I can't be bothered to make anything more than arbitrary decisions
about responding. "

Re: Challenge Response Authentication

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "jdow" <jd...@earthlink.net>

> From: "Theo Van Dinter" <fe...@kluge.net>
>
> > That said, C/R is really annoying and IMO not worth the effort.  YMMV.
:)

> Anybody who does that to me ends up in my .procmailrc file redirected
> to /dev/null. C/R is an example of that with which I will not put.

Oh oh, she's talking to her self again. {^_-}

Anyway, I thought of something even more fun. Set a special tool for
sending a challenge back ONLY for every challenge received. That should
really get interesting, fast. Any takers?

{^_-}

Re: Challenge Response Authentication

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Theo Van Dinter" <fe...@kluge.net>

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 01:28:08PM -0600, The Doctor wrote:
> IS there a good package that one can plug into Spam Assassin for C-r?

I doubt there's one you plug into SA, since SA doesn't stop mail from being
delivered.  You're likely looking for one that uses SA as a possible flag to
go c-r.

That said, C/R is really annoying and IMO not worth the effort.  YMMV.  :)

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"It was entirely possible to read a Russian novel during the pause