Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ginny Dhawan <Gi...@NIIT-Tech.com> on 2014/04/30 12:34:23 UTC

Urgent : Concurrent Users JMETER

Hello Everyone ,

Could any one advise for the below scenario:

Note : I want to execute the sample 1 for all the 20 concurrent users(at the same time).Similarly, for sample 2 and so on .. So where i have to put the Synchonize timer(as as an child of each sample or ?????).. in the below script.

Test Plan

  Thread Group

    Config element

            sample 1  (execute the same time for concurrent 20 users)

            sample 2  (execute the same time for concurrent 20 users)

            sample 3   (execute the same time for concurrent 20 users)

            sample 4   (execute the same time for concurrent 20 users)

            sample 5   (execute the same time for concurrent 20 users)

Listeners

Thanks in Advance...

DISCLAIMER

The information transmitted, including any attachments, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email by mistake, please advise the sender and delete it immediately. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure, or error free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost or destroyed as a result of the transmission process. Views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Please be aware that the Company monitors email communications through our networks for regulatory compliance purposes. NIIT Technologies Limited and its related entities consider the privacy of its clients to be of utmost importance and works to protect it. The Privacy Policy of the Company can be accessed from our website “www.niit-tech.com. (s).

RE: Urgent : Concurrent Users JMETER

Posted by "Srinivasan, Kavya" <Ka...@netapp.com>.
I am not sure if I have got your requirement clearly. What you can try is have samples in different thread groups as below

Thread group 1: Runs for 20 users(threads)
Sample1
Sample2
-
-
-
SampleN

Thread group 2: Runs for 20 users(threads)
Sample1
Sample2
-
-
-
SampleN

Thread group 3: Runs for 20 users(threads)
Sample1
Sample2
-
-
-
SampleN

Repeat the thread groups as many times as many samples you have which you would like to hit the server concurrently.

Now select the option "Run thread groups simultaneously" in the Test Plan
Add synchronization timer at the test plan level
Add the listener - "View results in tree" and check in the tree for the start time of the samples and also in the destination server for the inflow of requests.

This way, you can simulate 20 users doing only one action.

Thanks and Regards,
Kavya Srinivasan

Posted by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com>.
I believe that Interleave Controller will do good for the second approach
too.

Re: Urgent : Concurrent Users JMETER

Posted by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com>.
Native to JMeter, Throughput
Controller<http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#Throughput_Controller>is
the only one I can remember that controls throughput.
About JMeter plugins <http://jmeter-plugins.org>, the Throughput Shapping
Timer <http://jmeter-plugins.org/wiki/ThroughputShapingTimer/> can also be
used to achieve this.

Remember to use a considerable amount of threads to maintain your
throughput. Sometimes it can exceed two or three times the desired rps.
Response times affect your throughput, so you'll have to consider this when
defining the amount of threads used to maintain your desired rps.

RE: Urgent : Concurrent Users JMETER

Posted by Ginny Dhawan <Gi...@NIIT-Tech.com>.
Its working :)
Thank u so much ..

Could you please advise how we can maintain a constant throughput of 20 users for 30 mins(for 30 mins m using the Runtime Controller)..

M using the Throughput controller .. Is there is any another way to maintain the Constant throughput .

Best Regards,
Ginni

Posted by Ginny Dhawan <Gi...@NIIT-Tech.com>.
Thanks Flavio .. :)

Posted by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com>.
Use Runtime Controller

RE: Urgent : Concurrent Users JMETER

Posted by Ginny Dhawan <Gi...@NIIT-Tech.com>.

Please advise for the below issue..Its Urgent..

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
If this is what you truly want then you put the timer as a child of the the
ThreadGroup - it will apply to all samplers
Unless you have a specific use case you are trying to test you would not
usually do it this way - it is indeed possible (for most examples) that
some users are accessing sample 1 when someone else is accessing sample 2
and your test plan is explicitly going against that (you would be less
likely to run into race/deadlock scenarios in your current structure)