Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org> on 2021/01/07 21:25:56 UTC

SOLR-15056 change circuit breaker metric

Starting work on this change. Should that be against branch_8x?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-15056 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-15056>

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

Re: SOLR-15056 change circuit breaker metric

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.
OK, I’ll do it against master. We’d love to see it in an 8.x release, though.
This would protect against the major Solr outages we’ve had in the past
few years.

A question for someone who knows the Java metrics stuff better than I do:

Is it OK to use com.sun.management.OperatingSystemMXBean instead
of the java.lang.management version? getSystemCpuLoad() is only in the
former. The current code uses java.lang.management.OperatingSystemMXBean.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

Posted by David Smiley <ds...@apache.org>.