Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jyoti Yadav <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/31 11:40:10 UTC

About formatting of namenode..

Hi folks..

I have some doubt while thinking of formatting of namenode..
Actually i am doing my project in Apache Giraph which makes use of hadoop
environment to run the job..

While running various job,i noticed that

/app/hadoop/tmp/dfs/name/data
   directory is almost full..

Should i format my namenode??  Will it create any problem??
I know if i format ,i will lose all my data residing in hdfs.
Before formatting it,i will take backup of all the input files used to run
giraph job..

Seeking your suggestions..
Thanks

Re: About formatting of namenode..

Posted by Jyoti Yadav <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jitendra..
I could successfully format the namenode..
Thanks for your valueable suggestions..

Posted by Jyoti Yadav <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jitendra..

Posted by Jyoti Yadav <ra...@gmail.com>.