Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Lucas Persson <lu...@hotsip.com> on 2005/08/15 12:32:53 UTC

Newbe: how to use multiproject to checkout?

Hi

I guess this must have been asked before but I do not find any answer
for this.

How can I checkout all my projects which are pointed out in a
multiproject?

I have a kind of "master" project and a couple of subprojects but
in a flat structure to suit eclipse:

+ multiproject
+ sub1project
+ sub2project

The multiproject has its properties like this:
maven.multiproject.basedir=${basedir}/..
maven.multiproject.includes=\
	sub1project/project.xml,\
	sub2project/project.xml

It is the same directory structure in CVS.

What I want to do is the following:
1) checkout multiproject from CVS
2) call a maven goal on the multiproject which will checkout
   all subprojects.

Thanks!
Lucas

Lucas Persson
Lead Designer
Hotsip AB                       Tel:   +46 8 454 05 49
Barnhusgatan 16                 Mobil: +46 730 94 66 56
SE-111 23 Stockholm             Fax:   +46 8 454 05 30
Email: lucas.persson__a_hotsip.com
SIP:   lucas.persson___a__hotsip.com

Re: Newbe: how to use multiproject to checkout?

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.
Lucas,

multiproejct plugin relies on the present of the your source tree on
local disk to do
to work.  However you can still use maven-scm-plugin to checkout then entired
source tree in on command and build it a the same time.  The caveet here is that
maven-scm-plugin will fetch the entired source tree including your
unwant projects not in your multiproject list.

-D