Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Julian Klappenbach <jk...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/22 06:14:36 UTC

Ajax Combobox / Select

I thought I'd check here before I go too much further down the road.  I'm
tasked with creating an AJAX based Combo Box, somewhat like the autocomplete
element that comes stock with Wicket, but with a behavior more in line with
a select (returning ID, not what was typed in, button to invoke dropdown).

Anyone have anything like that to be tossed into the open source?

Thanks in advance,

Julian

Re: Ajax Combobox / Select

Posted by Luke Ma <lu...@lukema.net>.
Yup.  Obviously, google's implementation is different but it has the same
functionality as dojo's suggestion list.  I think dojo is fine as a solution
and I've seen talk about Ext-JS integration as well and Ext has a pretty
nice combobox too.  Problem is, Ext's framework doesn't play nicely with
Wicket.  It's fine when you make a component but kind of murderous when you
try to get it to update through AJAX, redraw, etc.

Luke

Re: Ajax Combobox / Select

Posted by Patrick Angeles <pa...@inertiabev.com>.

Re: Ajax Combobox / Select

Posted by Luke Ma <lu...@lukema.net>.

Re: Ajax Combobox / Select

Posted by Juergen Donnerstag <ju...@gmail.com>.

Re: Ajax Combobox / Select

Posted by Luke Ma <lu...@lukema.net>.
I was playing around with integrating Ext-JS's combobox into the wicket
framework.  Still futzing with the AJAX part of the equation.  If you need a
faster approach, check out wicket-dojo.  I think there's a combobox solution
there.  Again, not sure about the AJAX part.

Luke