Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com> on 2015/02/14 10:34:17 UTC

SubscriptionDomainAddedEvent and SubscriptionDomainRemovedEvent

Hi,

I'm sorry if there was already a discussion on this, I seem to have missed
it. What were the purposes of these two tenant events? I don't see them now
in the master branch, what are the events that replaced them?

Regards,
Chamila de Alwis
Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163
Blog: code.chamiladealwis.com

Re: SubscriptionDomainAddedEvent and SubscriptionDomainRemovedEvent

Posted by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>.
Thanks for the explanation Imesh.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi Chamila,

These domain mapping events are only used by load balancers.

Thanks

On Sunday, February 15, 2015, Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Udara, Imesh,
>
> Thanks for the detailed explanation. I am concerned over the cartridge
> agent's behavior when receiving these events. Should the agent update any
> of its data based on these events or should it only expose them to the
> extensions/plugins?
>

> Regards,
> Chamila de Alwis
> Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163
> Blog: code.chamiladealwis.com
>

> On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 8:18 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <imesh@apache.org
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','imesh@apache.org');>> wrote:
>
>> I forgot to mention the new events in the previous response:
>>

>> Now we have a dedicated topic for domain mappings and they are managed
>> with Application Sign Ups in Stratos Manager.
>>
>> Thanks
>> ​
>>
>> On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 8:14 PM, Udara Liyanage <udara@wso2.com
>> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','udara@wso2.com');>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> When you subscribe to an cartridge you get an URL which has alias +
>>> domain. However if you want to access it via your own domain(say
>>> chamila.com) you can add it as a subscription domain. Then LB starts
>>> load balancing this domain too after receiving this event.
>>> However I've no idea why it is removed.
>>>

>> --
>> Imesh Gunaratne
>>
>> Technical Lead, WSO2

Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Posted by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>.
Hi Udara, Imesh,

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi Chamila,

Yes in 4.1.0 release we do not have the concept of subscription. A
subscription in 4.0.0 release is now similar to an application.

That's why we dont' see the above events now in the codebase. However we
have introduced Application SignUp model to handle subscriptions of
Multi-Tenant applications. In the current model Single-Tenant applications
are only visible to the tenant that they belong to. A tenant cannot sign up
to Single-Tenant applications of of its own or other tenants.

Thanks