Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by mu baosen <mu...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/09 09:51:33 UTC

Authenticate user

Hi everyone.

Where does the users and password store? I want to implement a login page
that used my buisness logic, but I have no idea.And I can't find any
document that introduce this. What should I do first?

Thanks for any help.

Re: Authenticate user

Posted by mu baosen <mu...@gmail.com>.
    Aaron,

Re: Authenticate user

Posted by Aaron Evans <aa...@yahoo.ca>.
mu baosen <mubaosen <at> gmail.com> writes:

>  If user logged in outside jetspeed 2, can the subject be transferred to
> > jetspeed 2?

Using an SSO mechanism, the answer is yes.  For example, if you had an
application  hosted on the same tomcat host (or cluster) which used the same
JAAS realm to authenticate the user and tomcat's SSO valve is turned on, then
the user principal would be recognized by J2.

Alternatively, you can programmatically authenticate the user coming from
another application in a "pass-through" kind of set up.  Not sure how to do
this but I know it has been done, so if you want to go this route, search
this mail archive.

Re: How to remove horizontal menu of jetspeed2

Posted by mu baosen <mu...@gmail.com>.
Stefano,
Thanks.

I received it.

Re: How to remove horizontal menu of jetspeed2

Posted by Stefano Bianchi <st...@softeco.it>.
Hi,
do you want to hide them or to move them?
Commenting is ok to hide (but then how can you open them?), to move you
should change the panel layout throught admin tools (at least for J1.5 and
previous).
Cheers
Stefano

Posted by "Tiwari, Sunil Kumar" <c_...@qualcomm.com>.