Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by attaluri1210 <bh...@tecra.com> on 2009/06/03 06:26:06 UTC

Issue generating barcode when using the latest code from trunk.

Hi Everybody,

I am getting the below issue when trying to generate the barcode using
Barcode4j in FOP. It worked fine when is used FOP 0.95. Today i have taken
the latest code from the trunk and getting the below exception.

My code in the Fo file looks like

<fo:block>
  <fo:instream-foreign-object>
    <barcode:barcode
          xmlns:barcode="http://barcode4j.krysalis.org/ns"
          message="my message" orientation="0">
      <barcode:code128>
        <barcode:height>8mm</barcode:height>
      </barcode:code128>
    </barcode:barcode>
  </fo:instream-foreign-object>
</fo:block>

When i run the code i am getting the below exception.

Jun 3, 2009 12:16:18 AM org.apache.fop.events.LoggingEventListener
processEvent
SEVERE: Image not available. URI: (instream-object). Reason:
org.apache.xmlgraph
ics.image.loader.ImageException: The file format is not supported. No
ImagePrelo
ader found for null (No context info available)

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bharat

Re: Issue generating barcode when using the latest code from trunk.

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
attaluri1210 wrote:

<snip/>

> When i run the code i am getting the below exception.
>
> Jun 3, 2009 12:16:18 AM org.apache.fop.events.LoggingEventListener
> processEvent
> SEVERE: Image not available. URI: (instream-object). Reason:
> org.apache.xmlgraph
> ics.image.loader.ImageException: The file format is not supported. No
> ImagePrelo
> ader found for null (No context info available)

I have run into this error a few times myself. The latest code includes
a new Intermediate Format (IF) XML which is used in preference to the
Area Tree. You need the latest Barcode4J FOP plugin to be able to work
with the IF XML. Alternatively you can configure FOP to use the Area
Tree as in 0.95 by adding the following XML tags to the fop.xconf:

	<prefer-renderer>true</prefer-renderer>

Regards,

Chris

Posted by attaluri1210 <bh...@tecra.com>.
Excellent..I got it. Thanks for a very quick reply.

Thanks,
Bharat

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
attaluri1210 wrote:

> Can you guide me where can i get the latest Barcode4j FOP plugin. i beleive i
> have downloaded the barcode4j-fop-ext-complete-2.0.jar. Is this the latest
> one?

There's no official Barcode4J release with the changes for the FOP IF
XML yet. I had to download the Barcode4J source from CVS and build it
myself. You might just want to try the config setting first just to make
sure that is the problem before you go to all that trouble.

Regards,

Chris

<snip/>

Re: Issue generating barcode when using the latest code from trunk.

Posted by attaluri1210 <bh...@tecra.com>.
I have used the configuration parameter you have mentioned and looks like it
worked fine.

Thanks,
bharat

Posted by attaluri1210 <bh...@tecra.com>.
Chris,

I have taken the latest code now from the truck of Barcode4j using cvs
client and when i build it i got 2 jar files barcode4j.jar and
barcode4j-light.jar.

I have included both the jar's and removed the complete jar which i used
previously.

now i am getting the below error. Any help would be greatly appreciated. did
i miss anything in between. please guide me.

C:\FOP\Trunk\trunk>fop 3.fo -afp 1.afp -c fop.xconf
Jun 9, 2009 11:54:03 PM org.apache.fop.apps.FopFactoryConfigurator configure
INFO: Default page-height set to: 11in
Jun 9, 2009 11:54:04 PM org.apache.fop.apps.FopFactoryConfigurator configure
INFO: Default page-width set to: 8.26in
Jun 9, 2009 11:54:04 PM org.apache.fop.events.LoggingEventListener
processEvent
WARNING: No AFP default "any", italic, 400 font configured.
Jun 9, 2009 11:54:04 PM org.apache.fop.events.LoggingEventListener
processEvent
WARNING: No AFP default "any", normal, 700 font configured.
Jun 9, 2009 11:54:04 PM org.apache.fop.events.LoggingEventListener
processEvent
WARNING: No AFP default "any", italic, 700 font configured.
Jun 9, 2009 11:54:04 PM org.apache.fop.events.LoggingEventListener
processEvent
WARNING: Unknown formatting object
"{http://barcode4j.krysalis.org/ns}barcode" e
ncountered (a child of fo:instream-foreign-object}. (See position 59:87)
Jun 9, 2009 11:54:04 PM org.apache.fop.events.LoggingEventListener
processEvent
WARNING: Unknown formatting object
"{http://barcode4j.krysalis.org/ns}code39" en
countered (a child of barcode}. (See position 60:16)
Jun 9, 2009 11:54:04 PM org.apache.fop.events.LoggingEventListener
processEvent
WARNING: Unknown formatting object
"{http://barcode4j.krysalis.org/ns}height" en
countered (a child of code39}. (See position 61:18)
Jun 9, 2009 11:54:04 PM org.apache.fop.events.LoggingEventListener
processEvent
WARNING: Unknown formatting object
"{http://barcode4j.krysalis.org/ns}human-read
able" encountered (a child of code39}. (See position 62:26)
Jun 9, 2009 11:54:04 PM org.apache.fop.events.LoggingEventListener
processEvent
SEVERE: The intrinsic dimensions of an instream-foreign-object could not be
dete
rmined. (See position 58:29)

Posted by attaluri1210 <bh...@tecra.com>.
Hi Chris,