Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Tarkenton, Daniel S." <DA...@saic.com> on 2003/03/26 15:55:23 UTC

tomcat and slide.properties

Hi all.

In a standalone application using the low level slide api (_not webdav_), I
can add the location of my slide.properties file to my system classpath.
The main purpose for having a slide.properties file is to tell slide the
location of the all important Domain.xml config file for slide.  Well, now I
am trying to figure out how to put slide.properties into tomcat.

I am using Ant to deploy my application into a war file.  I basically just
drop this file into tomcat's webapps dir, restart tomcat, and go to town.  I
am having problems getting Ant to automatically put slide.properties into a
specific directory of my war file so that tomcat won't require any classpath
configuration.  I'm looking for the solution of just dropping my war file
into tomcat, and allowing users to start accessing the web app.

If anyone responds I will include my ant file and/or my source directory
structure for clarification if need be.

Thanks a lot guys.

-Dan

Re: tomcat and slide.properties

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.
"Tarkenton, Daniel S." <DA...@saic.com> writes:

> Hi all.
>
> In a standalone application using the low level slide api (_not webdav_), I
> can add the location of my slide.properties file to my system classpath.
> The main purpose for having a slide.properties file is to tell slide the
> location of the all important Domain.xml config file for slide.  Well, now I
> am trying to figure out how to put slide.properties into tomcat.

WEB-INF/web.xml has the same role for servlets as slide.properties
for standalone applications. Look for init-param "domain".

--
Martin Holz     <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>

Softwareentwicklung / Vernetztes Studium - Chemie
FIZ CHEMIE Berlin
Franklinstrasse 11
D-10587 Berlin

Re: tomcat and slide.properties

Posted by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Have you tried putting slide.properties in the WEB-INF/classes
directory of your WAR file?   Using Ant, if you are using the <war>
task to build a WAR file, use the nested <classes> element to put it
there.  Or, if you are using <jar> to build a WAR file (which is
perfectly fine to do), use a <zipfileset prefix="WEB-INF/classes">.

I'm just answering the Ant part of the question - I don't know if Slide
is cool with the .properties file there or not.

	Erik