Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Paul Colby <pa...@colby.id.au> on 2012/02/05 23:28:23 UTC

qmf-tool error - "Failed: TypeError - __init__() takes at most 2 arguments (3 given)"

Hi all,

I'm playing with Qpid 0.14 on FC5.5, and everything seems to be working
correctly, except for qmf-tool.

First, cqpid.py made use of a ternary expression that doesn't seem to be
supported by Python 2.4.3 - that was easy to fix.

But now I'm just getting this error:

Failed: TypeError - __init__() takes at most 2 arguments (3 given)

Unfortunately there's no file or line number... not really sure how to
track this one down.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

pc
----
http://colby.id.au

Re: qmf-tool error - "Failed: TypeError - __init__() takes at most 2 arguments (3 given)"

Posted by Paul Colby <pa...@colby.id.au>.
Found the problem.  It seems that python 2.4 does no allow dict's to be
passed to **arguments, as used by the qmf-tool::QmfData::__init__ function
when calling the cqpid.py::Conenction::__init__ function (looks like that
was not allowed until sometime in Python 2.6.x -
http://bugs.python.org/issue1686487).

I know Py 2.4 is really old, but I'll put together a jira issue with patch
to support Py 2.4 anyway, just in case someone else is stuck on FC / RHEL
5.5 ;)

pc
----
http://colby.id.au