Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by mohamed imdadullah <im...@hotmail.com> on 2001/05/17 18:17:15 UTC

Difficult question Urgent!!!

Hhi all,

I have Tomcat running under apache, i have been able to have same
authentication for both apache (serving perl) and tomcat(serving jsp).

The problem is , after authenticating user in jsp, i need to get the user
name of the person who has logged in to make further queries with the
database.

I dunno how it is done, i dont even know whether it could could be retrieved
from the http session.

iam pretty sure that the user name can be extracted as the apache maintains
a different session for the perl part and another for the jsp part

any ideas would be appreciated

regards

Re: Difficult question Urgent!!!

Posted by Jeff Kilbride <je...@kilbride.com>.
How about the getRemoteUser() method of the request object?

--jeff