Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Charles N. Harvey III" <ch...@alloy.com> on 2002/07/26 21:31:13 UTC

RE: Changing servlet context path with mod_jk2 and Apache

Andris,
You will have to map *.something instead of the whole path.

I haven't looked at mod_jk2 but I am guessing it will be something like
this:

<Location /*.jsp>JkUriSet worker ajp13</Location>

Now, to map servlets you will either have to specify each of them by
name.

<Location /myservlet>JkUriSet worker ajp13</Location>
<Location /myservlet2>JkUriSet worker ajp13</Location>

Or give them a fake extension:

<Location /*.servlet>JkUriSet worker ajp13</Location>

Then, in your web.xml change the <servlet-mapping> to something like:
<servlet-mapping>
	<servlet-name>myservlet</servlet-name>
	<url-pattern>/myservlet.servlet</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<servlet-mapping>
	<servlet-name>myservlet2</servlet-name>
	<url-pattern>/myservlet2.servlet</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

Make sense?  I think choice two is much easier since you do not have
to keep changing your mappings in Apache.  But you decide for yourself.

Charile

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
You shouldn't have to give it a fake extension I don't think.  the
web.xml would be the ideal place to map it though.  I've done mappings
such as just mapping the class name to /, as in:

<servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>theName</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/theName</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>