Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Wampole, Garrett C." <gw...@mitre.org> on 2009/07/02 20:40:04 UTC

Customizing "content type not allowed" error message

I'm trying to customize this error message for a file upload form control, and running into problems:

I've created a new properties file named "msgs.properties" with the error message I'd like to show:

	struts.messages.error.content.type.not.allowed={1} is not of the correct type

I've placed this file in "WEB-INF/classes" and referenced it in my "struts.properties"

	struts.custom.i18n.resources=msgs.properties

I see a log message when deploying to that effect:

	INFO: Loading global messages from msgs.properties

In my action, I can even print out the text using the correct key and get my custom message:

	getText( "struts.messages.error.content.type.not.allowed" )

However, when I submit a disallowed file using the form, I get the default error message:

	Content-Type not allowed: {0} "{1}" "{2}" {3}

I'm using Struts 2.1.6 and I've defined my action method like this:

	@Action( value="upload",
        results={
            @Result( name="success", location="upload.jsp" ) },
        interceptorRefs={
            @InterceptorRef( value="fileUpload",
                params={
                    "allowedTypes",
                    "application/zip,application/x-zip-compressed" } ) } )
	public String uploadSample()
      {
          System.out.println(
              getText( "struts.messages.error.content.type.not.allowed" ) );

          return SUCCESS;
       }

Upload.jsp has the s:form tag in it.

Any thoughts appreciated, thanks!
-Garrett

Re: Customizing "content type not allowed" error message

Posted by dusty <du...@yahoo.com>.
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/localization.html

On this page it says your Action must implement ValidationAware or extend
ActionSupport in order for the error messages to be localized.  I am
assuming that is still true when using Convention?  How is your Action class
setup?