Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2002/11/11 17:26:40 UTC

Re: mod_perl and apache 2.x

Jay Thorne wrote:
> Are there plans to make the new mod_perl backwards compatible?
>
> I tried a few months ago to move my faily large app to apache 2.x and mod perl
> and far far too many things are different. I'd love to experiment with the
> new code base, but this lack of compatibility is a show stopper for me. I
> don't have the time to re-code the entire thing.
>
> Failing that, is there a way to at least get print to work? Or have later
> mod_perl releases fixed that?

Have you read the online docs? This should answer all your questions:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/compat/compat.html#top
if something is missing/unclear/wrong please let us know.

Apache::compat includes most of the back-compat subs, but some are still
missing. If you find such please report to the list.