Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@apache.org> on 2000/09/01 00:04:07 UTC

Re: CVS problem

Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> [...]
> I think my system is confused by the two seperate C1 repository paths:
>
>         /home/cvspublic  anon CVS
>         /home/cvs        CVS via SSH
>
> I tried to have them "overlap" on my machine so I could use the
> non-encrypted CVS for Checkout and Update and only use the (slower) secure
> connection for Commit.
>
> I guess this strategy will not work .... I've got to use only the secure
> connection for everything otherwise I can't commit right?.

Nope... It won't work... For CVS those two are two different source
trees. But why do you say that the encrypted connection is slower? I
never noticed that...

	Pier

Re: CVS problem

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
At 15:04 -0700 31/08/00, Pier P. Fumagalli wrote:
>Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>> I think my system is confused by the two seperate C1 repository paths:
>>
>>         /home/cvspublic  anon CVS
>>         /home/cvs        CVS via SSH
>>
>> I tried to have them "overlap" on my machine so I could use the
>> non-encrypted CVS for Checkout and Update and only use the (slower) secure
>> connection for Commit.
>>
>> I guess this strategy will not work .... I've got to use only the secure
>> connection for everything otherwise I can't commit right?.
>
>Nope... It won't work... For CVS those two are two different source
>trees.

Thanks for the confirmation.

>But why do you say that the encrypted connection is slower? I
>never noticed that...

It's probably just Mac Runtime for Java being a bit slack!

thanks

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre