Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Steve Eynon <st...@alienfactory.co.uk> on 2012/03/07 08:45:05 UTC

Re: [T5.3] Contributing a Service Override using addInstance()

> Perhaps we need complement the addInstance() methods with
> addProxy() methods on the Configuration interfaces?

Actually, this would be nice for a couple of times now I've been bit by
having

  config.addInstance("blah", OptionalImpl.class);

where OptionalImpl references a jar that's no longer deployed resulting
in an "Exception constructing service" when the contribution finally gets used.

The fix is simple enough, binding OptionalImpl as a service and injecting
it via @Local into the contribution method.

But changing the one line to:

  config.addProxy("blah", OptionalImpl.class);

would be much shorter and cleaner!

Steve.