Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Chen, Fang" <fc...@sprintspectrum.com> on 2001/12/26 17:35:43 UTC

Reload resources without restarting server

Hi, guys,

I am pretty new to Struts. I was reading the Walk Through of the struts
example from the struts installation. In the document, it is said that "You
can even reload the configuration and message resources without restarting
the container. See the end of the web.xml file for details." I do not know
where I can find how to do this. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Fang Chen

Re: Reload resources without restarting server

Posted by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Actually if you look at the end of struts-config.xml; that is where you'll
find it (from the example, at least).

The action is /admin/reload.do - and is a real time-saver!

    Erik

Posted by Manuel Martin <li...@martinnet.de>.
Hello,

On Wed, 26 Dec 2001 10:35:43 -0600
"Chen, Fang" <fc...@sprintspectrum.com> wrote:
> I am pretty new to Struts. I was reading the Walk Through of the struts
> example from the struts installation. In the document, it is said that "You
> can even reload the configuration and message resources without restarting
> the container. See the end of the web.xml file for details." I do not know
> where I can find how to do this. Any help will be appreciated.

Correct me if I'm wrong:
At the end of the web.xml are some administrative urls. If they're
active (I've commented them out just from the beginning, before I forget
:-)) you can call:
http://yourhost:yourport/yourapp/admin/reload.do
to reload.  I've tried it, it seems to work ok, now I've switched it off
again :-)

Bye, MM
--
http://www.martinnet.de