Posted to dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org by Guo William <gu...@outlook.com> on 2019/09/26 11:53:13 UTC

[Document Discussion] Dolphin Scheduler of PMC report for October 2019

Dear all Developer of Dolphin Scheduler,

This is the first month report of Dolphin Scheduler. Please review and give us some comments by Oct. 29, after that I will update to the Apache monthly report.

Dolphin Scheduler

Dolphin Scheduler is a distributed and easy-to-expand visual DAG workflow scheduling system dedicated to solving the complex dependencies in data processing, making the scheduling system out of the box for data processing.

Dolphin Scheduler has been incubating since 2019-8-29.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1.  GPL license issue about MySQL.

  2.  Make first Apache releases.

  3.  Appeal more users and contributors.

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

None

  1.  Now there are 30 external contributors besides 8 PPMC members who contributes codes to github.

  2.  Champion hold a on-line training about Apache release for Developer and Committers

  3.  Github star grew from 1700 to 2291 in September

  4.  Over 58 company users is willing to announce that he is using Dolphin Scheduler: https://github.com/apache/incubator-dolphinscheduler/issues/57

     *   Champoin setup project infra and PPMC member learned how to use the infra.

     *   Our Apache website is constructed by a contributor name khadgarmage.

     *   145 issues created, 55 issues resolved, 85 pull-requests committed.

     *   Developers and Contributors are steadily developing the project https://github.com/apache/incubator-dolphinscheduler/issues/690

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

        *   Initial setup

Date of last release:

-

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

2019-8-29

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Our mentors were amazingly helpful. They setup the project infra and give us a online training about Apache release and help us to join the Apache meetup in Shanghai. We learned a lot from our mentors about Apache Way.

Dolphin Scheduler (Incubator) PPMC Member
 William Guo Wei

Re:[Document Discussion] Dolphin Scheduler of PMC report for October 2019

Posted by lidong dai <li...@outlook.com>.
Dear all Developer of Dolphin Scheduler,
        I think we should build the CI/CD process, which will help more developers to participate in the contribution.   Prior to "3.  Appeal more users and contributors.”

Thank you!

<https://maas.mail.163.com/dashi-web-extend/html/proSignature.html?ftlId=1&name=Lidong+Dai&uid=lidong.dai%40outlook.com&iconUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fmail-online.nosdn.127.net%2Fwzpmmc%2Fc26901cf96dd59be122d2a1db5d70a3f.jpg&items=%5B%22lidong.dai%40outlook.com%22%5D>
[https://mail-online.nosdn.127.net/wzpmmc/c26901cf96dd59be122d2a1db5d70a3f.jpg]
Lidong Dai
lidong.dai@outlook.com

On 09/26/2019 19:53,Guo William<gu...@outlook.com> wrote:
[...]