Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by vsolve apache <vs...@yahoo.com> on 2000/02/18 14:04:14 UTC

Re: config/5775: Incorrect version number. Compiled 1.3.11 httpd -v

Hi,

> After fully compiling the default configuration of
Apache 1.3.11 and
executing
> ./httpd -v
> it reports that it is version 1.3.9
>
> What gives?  I redownloaded, unpacked and compiled
as default to see if it
was my configuration giveing the problem, but httpd -v
still reports 1.3.9
> >How-To-Repeat:
> Download the Apache 1.3.11, unpack, and compile as
default.  Now execute
./src/httpd -v.
> >Fix:
> Correct the version number and or make sure the
Apache 1.3.11 is what it
says it is.

Over write /usr/sbin/httpd file with ../src/httpd. Now
it shows the correct version.

regards,
visolve_apache
visolve.com