Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by engr <ji...@oracle.com> on 2010/04/08 19:12:33 UTC

Derby is not stopped when undeploying app from WLS

Hello:

I follow the instruction on
http://activemq.apache.org/weblogic-integration.html to use activemq with
embedded derby on WebLogic Server.

However, when I undeploy my application, I can see the JMSbroker was
destroyed but no stop on derby. So when I deploy the application again, the
deployment would fail as it would try to deploy derby again when the port
for derby is no longer available. I have set the useShutdownHook attribute
of the broker to be true.

What should I do to let derby stop when JMSBroker is destroyed? Thanks.

Re: Derby is not stopped when undeploying app from WLS

Posted by engr <ji...@oracle.com>.

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
The activemq jdbc persistence adapter should be enhanced to shutdown the
default derby instance on shutdown. You may be able to do it via your
application. The process is documented at
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/devguide/tdevdvlp40464.html

An possible alternative, to avoid the issue, would be to use a file based
store for activemq.

On 8 April 2010 18:12, engr <ji...@oracle.com> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I follow the instruction on
> http://activemq.apache.org/weblogic-integration.html to use activemq with
> embedded derby on WebLogic Server.
>
> However, when I undeploy my application, I can see the JMSbroker was
> destroyed but no stop on derby. So when I deploy the application again, the
> deployment would fail as it would try to deploy derby again when the port
> for derby is no longer available. I have set the useShutdownHook attribute
> of the broker to be true.
>
> What should I do to let derby stop when JMSBroker is destroyed? Thanks.

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com