Posted to bcel-user@jakarta.apache.org by Anthony La Forge <e_...@hotmail.com> on 2002/06/19 02:08:17 UTC

Retrieving References of Methods in Methods

I'm having a little bit of a problem finding a means to parse out the method
references of a given function.  Basically I'm attempting to do the
following:

1.) Search for a method in the main class that takes a specific parameter
(e.g. boolean Process(Workflow workflow) )(No Problem here)

2.) Upon finding that method, introspect it, and look for function calls to
objects on its parameters list.  In my case it's a "Workflow" object and I'm
looking for workflow.get(String) and workflow.set(String, Object) command.
(This is basically so I can generate a set of pre-conditions and
post-conditions for a workitem).

For #2 I've tried just about every API call I could think of, but none of
them proved fruitful, including Code which looked fairly promising but ended
up delivering nothing better than a string containing a trace of the byte
code (albeit the specific byte code for the string, which in something I
cannot say about the constantPool).

At anyrate, does anyone have an idea how I could perform this operation
using BCEL?  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Anthony